[This is preliminary documentation and is subject to change.]
CAINav provides various extensions that make life easier in Unity. This section covers topcis that will help you get going.
The NMGen extensions provide designer friendly features that can be used by non-coders to create complex navigation meshes. There are various extension points that allow coders to easily extend the build process even further.
Getting CAINav Up and Running
To get started you first need to get the CAINav package into your project:
- Download and extract the contents of the CAINav distribution.
- Locate the Unity Pro package: cai-nav-pro-x.x.x.unitypackage. (Where x.x.x is the version number.)
- Import the package into your project. (Assets->Import Package... from the menu bar.)
The package will add the following files to your project:
- The core plug-in libraries to the project's plugin folder.
- The core libraries to the CAI folder. These give you script level access to the core CAINav features.
- The Unity extension libraries to the CAI and CAI/Editor folders. These provide all the Unity extensions.
The package also adds a CritterAI menu from which many of the features can be accessed.